We have 2 avocados left from the box because baby J now refuses to eat avocado. We introduced him to this super fruit earlier when he started solid however when he already tasted other sweet fruits like pear and apple plus my tasty porridge, now he knows avacado is not the best tasted food. I used up 1 avocado to make california handroll for lunch last weekend. However I made a mistake by assembling all the handrolls before eating because the nori sheets sort of damp off after being exposed to the air for too long. I should have make it one by one after finish eating each. It's fairly easy to make California roll but some of the ingredients are quite pricey like avocado and caviar. Even the short grain rice is also higher in cost than the normal grain rice.
I assembled roughly about 12 rolls. The ingredients:
6 nori sheets, cut half each.
1 avocado, sliced
6 imitation crab sticks
caviar
1 zuchinni
1 cup short grain rice
sushi vinegar
Japanese mayonese
Steps:
Cook rice in rice cooker according to your rice cooker manual. When the rice is done, pour 2 tablespoon of vinegar and mix with wooden/plastic laddle. Try to use a fan to chill down the rice when you mix. Then cover the rice to avoid the air from drying the surface
Place nori sheet on clean surface
Spread about 2-3 tablespoon of rice on the lower left of the sheet
Squeeze some mayonese on top of the rice , then 1/2 teaspoon of caviar
Place the sticks of zuchinni, crab stick, and avocado.
Roll into the shape of handroll
Use about 2 grain of cooked rice to stick the end of nori sheet to secure the shape
Put a little caviar on top (optional)
The steps here sound a bit hard to follow. Easy, just google. There's plenty of recipe out there. I am just merely putting down the steps to remind myself on how I did it this time.


No comments:
Post a Comment