I opted for other method I found more towards my style. Since I am cooking rice for dinner yesterday, I cooked extra one more portion. Then I add just enough water into a pot with the cooked rice and start boiling. The rice will turn into porridge quicker this way since the rice is already cooked and I do not have much time to waste at night on a normal working day. After about 15 minutes, I managed to get concentrated porridge. I added just enough water so that it's not watery but is able to turn soft.
I let the porridge cool down a little and took my potato masher and mashed the porridge. When it's mashed and cool down completely, I kept the pot into fridge for today's cooking.
I came back from work and started working on the ingredients. I have salted chicken left from last week. I had already harvested the left over and shredded it into tiny strips. I also had a chicken leg from chicken corn soup that I cooked 2 days ago which I shredded too and kept in container. This is the main recipe for today's meal.
I added like 3 bowls of chicken broth into the pot with mashed porridge in it and boil the mixture. When it started boiling, lower the heat to the lowest, add a handful of groundnuts, all the shredded chicken, chopped carrot, 2 tablespoon of sesame oil and simmer for 30 minutes. Add water when you see it's drying up. Stir often. Add salt towards the end, and taste.
Serve hot, add some pepper on top and garnish with spring onions. It makes a great warm dinner on rainy day like this. I achieved the silky smooth texture that I want!
3 comments:
ha.. i like your habit of not wasting the left over food .. :D
awesome goodness! i'm gonna try it your style the next time. thx for the tip.
my favourite!!!! but so much effort hmmm
Post a Comment