Sunday, October 09, 2011

Salmon teriyaki

Yesterday I purchased 2 salmon steaks again from Jusco. I am eating salmon too often but I have not yet bored of the taste and I love the texture a lot. This morning when I was planning on Sunday's meal, I have breakfast, lunch and dinner in mind but suddenly I felt disaapointed because I forgot to get lemon yesterday. There goes my usual baked salmon with lemon. I have butter, but it's so boring to use butter. Teriyaki! Yes, that's it salmon teriyaki! I wanted to have salmon teriyaki for so long but everytimeI look at the price of salmon teriyaki in restaurant, I gave up. But the problem is I do not have teriyaki sauce too. :p Afraid not, I quickly went online and searched for teriyaki sauce recipe. Oh mine, it is so easy to make one.

Teriyaki sauce:
3 tablespoon mirin. I substituded with chinese rice wine because I don't have mirin.
3 tablespoon soy sauce
sugar/ brown sugar/ honey , as sweet as you like. I used 1.5 tablespoon of honey which is perfect to my liking.
1 clove garlic and 1 small piece of ginger choppped

Combine everything in a pan and cook till everything dissolved and mixed together. Set aside until it cool down before use.


Marinate salmon in the teriyaki sauce and refrigerate. Turn the salmon over in the half period of your marination time. I marinated since 10am and used it at 6.30pm. So I turned the salmon over in the marinade at around 3pm. I do not want to pan grill the salmon. I prefer oven as usual. Pour all the teriyaki sauce you used to marinate the salmon in the aluminium foil you folded with the salmon. Heat up oven for about 5min at 200 celcius and bake for 15 minutes





Perfect to serve with white rice! Yummy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum!

Xweing said...

Wow this is a really good recipe! I need to show this to Leo cos he really loves eating salmon!

pik lay said...

Yes, you really should ask Leo to try this. I still dream of it Haha