I tried google in the morning on some pasta recipe I can make with salmon and I failed to find any that I like. Most of them are using cream sauce which I dislike because I can never finish the second half of the cream pasta. I felt sick with the cream when I was at the half plate.
I came home and took about 5-10 minutes flipping my pasta cookbook. There is one recipe which I fairly interested in, by roasting salmon and garlic. I didn't use the recipe from the book but just used the idea of roasted salmon and garlic. This is how I made it.
Preparation of salmon:
1.Preheat oven to 200 celcius
2.Clean and dry salmon
3.Place salmon on a piece of aluminium foil
4.Brush some olive oil to the surface of salmon, sprinkle salt and parsley flakes.
5.Cut 2 cloves of garlic into very thin slices and arrange on top of salmon
6.Bake for 15 minutes
Ingredients for the sauce:
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 carrot, chopped into tiny pieces similar to onion
6 cherry tomatoes
oregano flakes
tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Boil a pot of water, add a little salt and cook spaghetti al dente according to the packet's instruction.
2. Heat some oil in pan and slightly brown the garlic
3. Add onion, carrot and tomatoes in and stir till fragrance
4. Pour in tomato puree and add 1 can of water by filling the puree's can
5. Stir and let it boil for a while, add sugar and salt
6. Add oregano as much as you like and ground pepper then simmer for 10 minutes
7. By this time spaghetti should be already done, drain and toss into sauce, stir well
8. Take the salmon out of oven and flake it. Remove any bones
9. Mix roasted salmon flakes and garlic into spaghetti and do not forget to pour in any juice on the aluminium foil. That juice contains the real fish oil top with omega-3.
Serves 2
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time when all baking, cooking pasta and sauce are done at the same time: 20 minutes.
Note: There are a lot pot/pan to wash later :p
I asked WL if he wanted to have soup with the pasta and he said YES! So I requested him to help me open the can of campbell mushroom soup but he got away after pouring everything in a pot and ask me to stir the soup when it's boiling. That's the reason I didn't manage to debone the salmon properly. I was stirring soup and deboning salmon at the same time. There were some bones left in the salmon flakes but who cares, we are not kids. :p We could take it out while eating. The roasted garlic mixed into the spaghetti really well too. The taste is just perfect, something different from the usual minced pork spaghetti that I make. He started dinner without waiting for me when I was still in kitchen washing cooking utensils and I can hear him chanting "hao chi!hao chi!". This normally happen when I cooked something new for him. Bliss
No comments:
Post a Comment