Sunday, October 27, 2013

Milan: Eat

Most of the people I know told me to shop in Milan. But I didn't at all. I waited until I am in Paris to shop. Main reason is that I still have another flight to take to Paris and we were using EasyJet. This Easyjet is somehow annoying because you are not allow to bring a carry-on and an extra handbag/laptop bag/etc. Meaning that I need to squeeze my sling bag into my carry-on luggage. My carry-on luggage is already quite full and if I squeeze the sling bag in, it's almost impossible to zip it alone. We only have a checked in baggage which is almost 20kg too. On the last flight we measure was 19.9kg. So what i can buy must be real light and have to be hand carry. That suits me because my plan is to buy bags and I have to hand carry them no matter what as they are too expensive to be checked in and face the consequence that someone in KLIA might open up my bag and take them, and I need to do VAT return and might need to show the immigration the stuff I purchased if being asked. I am serious about the part where someone in Malaysia might open the bag while in transit or before the bag comes being placed on the conveyor belt. 

Another part that I would like to talk about is why we have only 1 checked in baggage. Yes, MAS allow us to check in one each, meaning that we have 2 for both of us. The problem is not that. We experienced it already so I can really say that I am glad we only bring 1 checked in baggage. We had to pull and carry all our bags through bus, train, subway or metropolitan and face the danger to be pickpocket.  The subway/metropolitan in Europe, almost all of them don't have lifts. Some may have elevator which still hard to walk around when we have to take our on transportation to reach hotel to check-in and to go to the airport after check-out. For us, I hold had a sling bag on my shoulder and carry the 14" trolley bag. For my hubby, he had a camera bag sling on across his body, a back pack and a checked in baggage worth of ~20kg. Imagine if I need to carry a 20kg up all the stairs, not only 1 stairs in subway. Sometimes you need to change a few trains and go below few levels of underground to reach the station of your destination train. 

So I only manage to get few bags for myself and family and those are mostly long champ which can easily be folded to put into my bags. I only bought the later 2 long champs when we were about to leave Paris on plane because I realized I can squeeze another 2. 


Alright back to the original posting. Milan!!!

We took flight from Rome to Milan because it's more convenient for our friends who stay in Varese to pick us up from airport. We were staying close to the border of Switzerland and if the weather is clear, we can catch a glimpse of the Alps. However we only had 2 days in Milan, in exact 1.5 days as by the time we arrived, it was already 11am.

We went for some local food. This is the bruschetta which we usually see on small piece of grilled bread. We had this one a size of meal bread. One of this is served for one person as meal. Mine is with the bacon and mushroom.



Then we went back to rest for a while before making our way to Milan city. We took the metro there as it's hard to find car park and going around in city in car. This is the famous Milan duomo. 


Then we walked around the place and this picture was taken in front of the Italy castle for the past Kings. 


For dinner we had the crepes. Crepe is actually pronounced as "crap". We had one of this for everyone. I had mine with sangria, the cocktail drink with lots of fruits in red wine.





The next morning, we had the Italian breakfast in local bakery. Croissant and cappuccino. 



Without wasting time, we drove to our wishlist, Lake Como. The wedding scene in Star Wars was filmed  in one of the villa at Lake Como.

We had a full 4 course meal for lunch.






At night, we went for local pizza. They were really yummy!!! 

We finished it up by sharing a tiramisu between my hubby and I. 
Our Milan trip is more like experiencing the life of Italian, something different in our Europe trip. Love it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always pronounce crepe as "clip". I heard American pronounce that too. Is it only European pronounce it differently?

pik lay said...

I guess that's the correct pronunciation for European. I think crepes are from italy or france