Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Santorini ~ so beautiful

Santorini is the second destination of our Europe vacation. It is an island at the south of Greece surrounded by the Mediterranean sea. As I am typing this, I am watching the last color of the sunset on our last day here. Weeliem is still busy taking another sunset photos at different location from yesterday and the day before. We are in oia, the best spot for the sunset view. We stay here exactly close to the sunset view and the famous traditional oia house in white architecture and blue round roof for the chapel.
The ultimate objective of this vacation here is relax. That's why we stay in our room most of the time over looking the Caldera, houses and blue sea. We went to fira town yesterday for a short visit and had lunch at this restaurant called salt and pepper. The lady boss seems intimidating in the beginning as she didn't smile and very stern in her voice. Or maybe it is the way people talk here as in the restaurant that we patronized, we heard the waiter and waitress telling customer to sit aside not at the terrace if they don't order food. We had seen some people just left when were told that and some stayed. Another one was asking to change seat but the restaurant didn't let him to as it is too taxing is everyone is requesting the same.
Ok, aside from that we love the food here. Tasty and rich but I realize I don't like Greek salad because of some ingredients like olive and another pickled type of ingredient.
Here's some pictures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DROOLS!! This place is really beautiful!! Love it so much... I hope me and husband can visit this place someday