London is our first stop in Europe vacation plan. We arrived at quite late around 8pm in the hotel. Both of us were so tired to walk to find food. We settled in a shabby Chinese restaurant nearby not because we miss our local food but that's the only restaurant that still open at 9.30pm and is not a pub. The food was so bad that both of us can't finish half the plate. I have no intention to describe the menu or what we ordered here. Later we grabbed 5 litre water from the 24 hours convenient store and headed back to rest.
The next morning we went to see Big Ben and the took this picture with the famous red double decker bus passing by. We walked around the area and short path along river Thames and took many pictures. The eye of London is also around there. Too bad I didn't capture anything using my phone. The weather was great in the morning, sun was great and picture looked great too. However later half of the morning the sun went into shades behind the cloud. After that the pictures that we took were more dull than earlier version.
We went around to Westminster Abbey, St James Park and the Buckingham palace too. After fish and chips lunch at Bag O' Nails, we went over to the British National Museum. Before that, I want to say I hate London's food because I don't like fish and chips as they are fried food although the review of the restaurant looks pretty astonishing. We had great time in British Museum. The place has very wide range of artifacts ranging from Egypt, Assyria, Greek and many more. The mummies that are in this museums are more than what we see later in other museums. History is beautiful. We walked and sat when we saw bench. We did this a lot, which helps in keeping our legs and body last long for the whole day visit.
There is a long wall which some parts of it missing and the title of the craving is Lion Hunt. I can't remember in which category did we see this, Assyria maybe. I took this particular picture because it is interesting seeing the lion which was shot by many arrows vomiting. I suspected it was meant to show the tiger vomiting blood after severely injured but does this really happen in real life? Maybe no.
I tried to capture a panorama shot of the British museum but the stupid stitching in my phone repeated the banner twice.
Later at night we went back to the Big Ben area but a different angle for night shots. It drizzled a little so I had to help holding umbrella to cover the camera and photographer when he was at work.
The next day, we went for stadium tour at Arsenal Emirates stadium, took us half of the day.
After lunch we went around to St Paul Cathedral and then to the Tower Bridge and stayed there until WL completed his night shot.
On our last day here, we spend the whole morning in British National museum. It was WL's favorite museum. It has a super huge dinosaurs remains (bones), whale, mammoth ..........
After lunch we just wanted to lazy around, so we took the subway to Harrods to have a look and go back hotel later on. .
Both of us just wanted to rest because of the walking we did for the past few days and we were glad that our plan was going to Santorini next because there was where we rested and regained our energy before going to Rome. Rest early for the next morning flight.










No comments:
Post a Comment