Here's are the some kitchen ingredients that I bought from Milan during our trip there. Forget about the bottle in the middle, the other 2 at the sides are pasta sauces. There are 2 types of salami, one is the normal type, the other is spicy version.
On Thursday I made pasta for dinner although we had pasta on Tuesday by our dear friend Fang Fang. I used the pesto sauce I got from Milan and some left over cream from Tuesday.
For the salami, I used up all that left from Tuesday. I cut them into strips using scissors. Some of the strips are a little larger than the rest as I lost my concentration after a while because I need to prepare dinner and struggled with my toddler pulling my legs and clothes asking me to go out to play with him in the living room.
The ingredients are very simply as pesto sauce already made up much of them.
So what I did was only to cook the salami and mushroom slices in olive oil. My friend told me she started to move to fresh shitake mushroom as it gives better flavor. I agree with her that's why I did the same too now and better still, it's cheaper than the white button mushroom or the grey ones. After the 2 ingredients are cooked, and sucked up all the juices, scoop half of the pesto sauce into the pan and add a little water and 2 tablespoon of cream. By the way, the pesto sauce came in the bottle that said it's ready for 5 pax. So I guess 2 of us make roughly half of the bottle. :p I made a mistake by adding in salt and the outcome was a little salty. I forgot the salami and pesto sauce were already flavored. When the pasta sauce is ready, off the fire and mix the pasta which I already cooked al dente earlier. Just mix them up and there you are.



3 comments:
Wow you brought the salami and pesto all the way back from Italy???
Haha. yes. ;) worth it.
Homecooked spaghetti is almost always more delicious that outside...
Damn im hungry for some salami now :P
Post a Comment