I was devastated by the dead and tiny dough this morning. Luckily I found my super beloved friend online and told her my failure and see if she can help. She is a great baker and cook, who right now bake everyday! She asked every step in detail and rootcaused where the problem was. Salt and fridge! I put the salt too early in the stage and it killed the yeast and also yeast only works in room temperature. I threw the dough into the fridge after kneading completed so the dough never rise. I was using two different recipes from internet for last week and today's pizzas but somehow I don't know why I put into the fridge although today's receipe didn't call for it. So I failed terribly. Anyway no mourning, I springed to the kitchen right away after lunch again and re-made a new dough using very simple recipe given by her. The yeast was happily growing! and the dough rose into 1.5 the actual size. I was thrilled looking at the growth and happily informed her about this.
I cut the dough into 3 equal size and kept the other two in freezer for future use. Use my fist and punched the dough to get rid of the air bubbles, then let it sit for 10 minutes before roll the dough into a flat round shape.
I wanted to make Hawaiian pizza. So I bought a pineapple yesterday and this morning I carefully de-skinned and cut away all the "eyes", sliced them to tiny pieces. The toppings for this pizza are, crab sticks, sausage, pineapple, onion, mozarella and parmesan cheese, tomato sauce with sprinkle of salt and parsley flakes and a lot of basil flakes.
I don't have a roller to roll the dough so I use an old wine bottle I kept for this purpose :P
2 comments:
nice.. hope you enjoy it! :)
Yes I did!
Post a Comment