Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ABC soup and blanced chye sim

Today is one of the busy and getting back home late day. Luckily I had the soup boiling at home for almost 10 hours since morning when I left for work. The soup is called ABC soup because it contains many types of vegetables and is kind of nutricious. In 20 minutes I want food to be ready on table so I picked some chye sim (sawi) and blanched in boiling water for a quick 1 minute, keeping the leaves fresh and almost raw. I like it this way. :) Dinner is ready in 20 minutes after I reached home. This is what I called quick preparation and a perfect wonderful meal.

ABC soup
---------
2 medium potatoes, cubed
1 big tomatoe, wedged
3 medium onions, wedged
3 baby carrots, cut
600g pork ribs

All goes into slow cooker and cook for > 8 hours at mix temperature level. Add salt and grounded pepper before serving


Blanched chye sim
------------------
Cut the vege into smaller lengths. Separate the leaves and stems.
Boil water in pot. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt in the water
Put in stem first and after 10 seconds, add the leaves in.
Blanch them for another 20 seconds and scoop out , place on plate
Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, pepper, fried onions and mix well. Serve with rice.

No comments: