I came back from morning market one fine weekend morning. After placing all the fresh greenies and poultry in fridge weeliem asked me who put that ugly thing on the table. Yet who bought such thing? I was shocked for a few seconds on what he was trying to point out. I claimed the green, rough, hard skin vegetable belongs to me. I searched online for it's name and finally found it is called "sin gua". I remember my mom once said the name is something "gua" but I can't recite the full name.

He was mumbling for a short period on how can we eat this kind of hard vegetable and how to cook it. I actually made this a few times before but he never look at the outer skin before because I peeled them off before cooking!

It was soft and sweet after we peeled off the skin and cooked it! The taste blended so well with dried shrimp and garlic!
2 comments:
i call it jit gua. and the rough skin has to be removed completely if not it will be a disaster.
nice cook you are!
oic...now i know its name. i usually just eat what mom cooks without knowing their names...
Post a Comment