Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lunch at windy place on hot Saturday

It is usual hot in the afternoon. Lunch at windy, shaded under big trees. It is cheap and cooling despite the hot sun. The place is selling pan mee.

I overheard a conversation between a teenage boy with his mom. This is a translated version.

Mom: What do you want to eat? thin, thick, big, small, soup or dry?

Son: I want the one with "hot plate" (My expression is like this -__-''' when I heard he said "thiek pan")

Mom: (Pretend doesn't hear anything)

Son: i want "yee fook mee" ? (He he. Is he alright? Has he ever eaten there before? He looks like someone who stays in the flat nearby)




Before going back, I bought this "mua chi" from an uncle selling the food on motorbike. I only know about the existing of this "mua chi" few years ago.

3 comments:

Chiu Pin Teo said...

looks yummy!

pik lay said...

It tasted normal. I don't feel it was very good, only average mark. :)

Fang Fang said...

i miss this stall..