Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Two proud things I did on Sunday

Two things that I did last Sunday and I am proud of them.

FIRST:
The weather was hot during long weekend but thanks to it, I was able to dry up my two pair shoes after washing them using my old toothbrush and some detergent powders. Now my pair of flats don't stink anymore and my tennis shoes are shinning like the first day I wore them. I wanted to wash them for very long but I was lazy to do so until last weekend.




SECOND:
When I was walking in Jusco shopping for groceries in the past weekends, I saw this 3 packets of herbal soup with a packet of chrysantemum for making herbal tea. The name sounds strange to me, Song Kee. But after some persuadation by the forty plus years old promoter, I agreed to try on the product. So last weekend I boiled one packet with a whole chicken bones with extra 2 chicken drumsticks. I added about ten red dates in the pot too and let it boil for 5 minutes then simmered for one and half hour, salt to taste and served with white rice. It is one of the best soup because it doesn't taste bitter and unlike the usual dark black herbal soup which scared me whenever my mom cooked them. Now I have additional soup to make other than the usual "bah kut teh", lotus root with dried squid, corns with chicken and carrots, and a few more... :D

4 comments:

Fang Fang said...

i never wash my sneakers since the first day i wore them like 3 years ago. and i just love how "vintage" they are.. same theory applies to my jeans.

Chiu Pin Teo said...

feed me the soup!

pik lay said...

You never wash you jeans? OMG.. that must have been years you wearing the same pair of jeans

Fang Fang said...

it means my body still as fit as few years ago.. that's a good thing.