I took the bus just like last year but did not participate in the treasure hunt organized by the celebration committee. It was a very very long journey because the bus driver happened to love to eat, rest, and stop for toilet breaks. He even stopped for toilet break on the way back at a very dirty gas station. There were 4 toilets and all smelled like unwashed toilets for 365 days. The pungent odor was whoa.. stung the nose and made one can't breath for at least 30 seconds after coming out from the small little room.
This is the view from my hotel room and it was the first time I stayed in a room facing the theme park. I used to always get a room with the window facing another room which I think if both of our windows are opened, I can overhear the couple there doing mushy talks, and maybe more.

On the way up to the peak, after passing Gohtong Jaya, I saw the Gohtong memorial. It was not not there during my previous visits.
All the games and rides in the theme park are still the same, the colours of the structures faded and no one seems to want to take any effort to repaint or refurbish the old rides especially the Super Toboggan which made my butt aching for hours after a ride on it.
I aimed for a relaxing trip meaning no waking up at 7am for breakfast and rushing for the rides and coming back to hotel room to clean up and pack luggage in 10 minutes to check out.
So I did not take the additional package on theme park. I strolled all the pathway in the First World complex and took some photos. Then went back to prepare for the buffet dinner in the evening. Surprisingly when I walked in, durian smell was all over the dining place. Don't hotels always prohibit people from bringing in durians as the odor is more to stink for foreigner to take it?

The indoor ferris wheel..
There is a show called Dreamz which starring white lion, and white tiger. I wanted to watch it in the first place, but considering I need to attend the dinner and it will be pretty late when it ended, I dropped the idea.
The next morning after breakfast, we walked around and came back for hotel for packing and shower.
I remember I didn't enjoy the ride on this because it scared me half to death. It made my heart stopped for many times everytime it swings everywhere and my heart came back thumping after I pleaded it to. That is why I don't enjoy rides. I am not sure what could change it.. I want to learn to love rides, I need lessons.
I will miss this place because it is always chilly up there. I like the temperature which won't burn my brain like on land, now, outside.

3 comments:
looked like fun.
3 years in Intel, i never had this kinda celebration before. sad case.
Sad case? You are in heaven now at least. We're still in hell.
Burn the strawberry brain... haha... take care la, u can install air-con in ur room if is worth it. :-)
Post a Comment