The weather has been so sad lately. The sky weeps more than the times I jog in the past few months. I am feeling more than lucky to have the sun smilling waiting for us to roll out my plan. I bought the one day package to Pulau Payar for four and wished Thursday weather will be great. --- and it turned out Deepavali which is the festival of light is really a bright day.

Early in the day when the fun is going to begin.
To my surprise, it is really great day and another surprising thing is I received a sms from xiao wei at Pulau Payar. Haha.. never appear to my mind that the place could ever detect a signal... :P
Our passport to the fun!!!
We departed for Marine Park from Swettenham Pier at eight in the morning and saw this when we arrived, clean and crystal clear water but without the white and smooth sandy beach as in Redang island.
The 102th island of Langkawi, Pulau Payar.There we stayed on a platform. This is the place where we ate, rested, cleaned ourselves and the snorkelling.
The first and only reef platform in MalaysiaThe girls freaked out when they entered the water. It was their first encouter with a deep pool of water... hehe.. I mean a deep sea of water.
Preparing for the snorkelling
Learning on how to breath using the equipment.
It has a lot of fishes, but with little variety. Maybe I did not go further enough to experience a nicer view, so it is not so fair when I said the earlier statement.


Bigger fish (-__-)

Picture in the water
Other than keeping our view on surface fishes, we watched the deeper one from the underwater observation chamber. We saw the divers from here too. There is one diver who tried to make ring bubbles from his breath.

paying attention to catch the glimpe of baracoda.. hmm don't know if I spell it correctly.

and they spotted it.
There was a time where they offered us ride on a glass bottom boat where the boat will go around in 10 minutes. We supposed to watch the corals from the boat but I think what I saw are all dead ones. They serve us buffet lunch on platform. The lunch was quite good but too bad I could not eat more than one round.
My pickThe customer service officer, Rahim promised us baby shark feeding but at the end we did not feed the shark because he cannot get one baby shark for us to feed. We went to the shore on a boat.

My first step on the beach

Rocks and sands
Lizard camouflaged in between the rocks. Can you see it?
beach boy..

The baby shark feeding pier
I saw one baby shark swimming around
Happy trip!!
We departed for Penang at sharp three thirty in the aftenoon and I hate the ferry ride because it took more than two hours. SLOW FERRY ride. Pulau Payar is a satisfying place to visit at the east side of Penisular Malaysia if you want a short snorkelling trip because it has a lot fishes to see.
2 comments:
Nice leh!!!
I love sun, sand and sea!!!
wah.. it was wish come true eh.. so relieved no rain...
Post a Comment