This is the second time I dreamt about my grandmother in the same week. Both came to me in the early morning. I woke up, wept missing tears.
I could not find any photo of her in my laptop. She passed away before I bought my own digital camera that was around year 2003, I guess. I remember her look vividly when she fell sick, before my family shifted to Klang and occasions in between.
My father is an obedient son. He never failed to visit my grandmother every Sunday when we were still staying in Bandar Baru Bangi. He would bring us together of course, and my mother will pack vegetables, meat and such ingredients needed for lunch and dinner. Mother cooked and we ate with grandmother on every Sunday at her home.
The reason why I loved my grandmother back then:
1) She bought the "suan mei" (those preserved plum) from every Tuesday night market and put into the chicken bowl and hid them in the food cupboard for me, so that the other grandchildren won't steal them away.
2) She peeled orange and cut mango whenever available for me at the same spot everytime, at the back of her house, sat-squatting on the small wooden bench.
I felt strange on the last Chinese New Year I had with my grandmother. I even took out the camera and snapped pictures of us, my sisters and me with my grandmother. I remember I hugged her and that was the last. She survived until the end of Chinese New Year and I received phone call from my mother about her in the hospital. She had trouble in breathing due to the bad asthma she had since a year before. I looked into the coffin and saw her in peace, nicely wrapped in a traditional costume and make up put on her face. I never had the courage to look into any coffin before and this time, it came so naturally. She did not move and I started to miss her. That was the first time I had the feeling I lost somebody very special.
this thankful week
8 months ago
4 comments:
I'm sorry for your loss...
As we grow older, these are the things we start to face and accept...
Why must life be so hard??
i am scared
I'm sorry to hear that. Can't help but to post a comment here as I share your feelings too. I also lost my grandma in 2003. I remember clearly what I talked to her the night before. At that time she was unable to sleep and a bit unhappy. On my way up to sleep, I went to her bedside and chat with her. Told her not to worry too much. Told her, we all (family and friends) care for her and love her. Told her that all her children already visited her (even my uncle from Australia). Told her to relax and sleep well. I promised her to visit her tmrw nite (I was staying in Villa Mas then). I remember it was on a Monday nite. The routine is get off from work, play badminton, eat at N-park and go back my grandmother's house. I reached home at 9pm ... she passed away on 8.15pm ... little did i know that the conversation the nite before would be my last with her. I didn't fulfil my promise. regretted it ... cried my heart out ... and same like you ... still misses my grandma dearly ... however life goes on ... be glad that we did have a splendid time with our grandmas when they were alive. Let the memories live forever in us ... :)
Everyone has their own feeling of missing somebody special. It is life. People come and go, but they stay in heart forever
Post a Comment