Friday, May 11, 2007

Inari



Today I had a trip to one of the Japanese restaurant in Queensbay Mall Penang for my dinner. I found a shocking truth of one of it's sushi's price. Not that I am exaggerating but it is in fact not my way to accept a egg mayo/ebiko topping on one of the inari actually make it costs RM3.90, RM2 more than an usual 2 inari.

See the picture above? Basically it is a dish of 2 sweet beancurd skins filled with rice balls in each. A simple but tasty and food., loved by many . I supported the inari too because I used to worked as an assistant to an uncle who makes sushi during university semester break. I addressed him as uncle because he was too good to me as he treated me as his daughter more than an employee. He let me eat as much inari as I want without charging me.

This dish was placed nicely on it's green plate. Green in the restaurant wears RM1.90, pink RM3.90 and red RM5.90. Forgot about the *.90. I always treat all the *.90 cents as RM1

What about this picture and why it is different from the normal inari?
One of the inari has extra topping with curry salad, another one is a plain rice-filled sweet beancurd. How much you think the curry costs? It is RM2 extra than the normal inari, means this dish is on pink plate which is RM3.90. I feel it is really ridiculous... Therefore, when I reached home, I browsed the Internet with the hope to find if the restaurant had overpriced it's product.

There it goes, I found the Singapore's branch/headquater website.

They are all the same price $1.90, doesn't care whether it has topping or just a normal rice ball. Does this means the restaurant in Malaysia simply charge Malaysians? Give it a thought... The modern concept and fine touch of the interior did add a few marks to the overall marks someone can give.. but today's discovery probably change my mind.

No comments: