Saturday, October 09, 2010

ABC rice vermicelli soup

There was once when I was in primary school that I saw my mom squatting down in front of the fridge looking into it at very early in the morning. About 6.30am, I was getting ready to go to school, I asked what was she doing there. She told me being a fulltime housewife is not an easy job. Other than the normal house chores and cooking skill, a woman must be smart and creative. She looks into fridge every morning and creates a menu for the day. A healthy menu to feed all the girls at home, with consideration who doesn't eat what and who likes to eat what. Sometimes she will say she is cooking x's favourite food today and I will pull my face. But she will make my favourite the next day!

I am a working grown up lady. I only go to market once a week. Sometimes I stop by to grab additional vegetables on my way home if they were gone before the week end, either rotten or I cooked extra the day before. I buy all the meat and poultry from supermarket or wet market on weekend. This means I create menu for a week when I buy raw material. I need to pamper the big boy, he has his prefered diet I have to follow so normally I need draft out what I am going to make for everyday when I stood in the middle of market.

There will be normally leftover if I make soup and the leftover will be brought to the next day as soup, or as BROTH for a noodle dish!


This time I have ABC soup . I made mihun soup (rice vermicelli soup) using the broth.



Blanch vermicelli in boiling water, drain and set aside in bowl.
Heat up ABC soup, add water if needed. Add salt, pepper, soy sauce ;)to taste and greenies if you want. I normally add small bai chye. Bring to boil.
Pour the soup into the bowl and serve hot

No comments: