Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Pork rendang

I have been having this very bad internet connection at home. We subsribe the 1M package, but streamyx sucks to the worst than you can think of. The speed cannot even go up to the 384 package. Someone really need to sing about this issue seriously.

Last week I cooked my legendery chicken rendang. The photo in my previous post doesn't look very tempting, maybe because of the post processing I did. I don't make this dish often because the time required to prepare the chicken rendang is normally up to 3 hours, due to the preparation work cooking like, peeling a full bowl of shallots, processing the herbs, pan roast the coconut grates and grained them. I didn't feel like wasting the leftover rendang cooked-paste because this time it wasn't that hot for Weeliem, in another word, it's perfect. I kept the paste in sealed container in fridge and used it today for this dish I called pork rendang.

Very simple, just pan fry the pork small slices in 2 tablespoon of oil and add in the paste. I added 1/4 bowl of water so I have enough liquid to simmer the pork. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve hot. Great for a weekday cooking because it's quick and appetizing

2 comments:

Chiu Pin Teo said...

looks yummy! i'm going to Indian restaurant tonight :)

Xweing said...

i miss rendang!!!!!!!!!!!!!