My sister and Kevin gave me a visit last weekend during their vacation back to the country. It was kind of tiring because I had not recovered from my post-Krabi trip and yet their visit to Penang was the moment I was awaiting for months. I could not even imagine what they will look like in the early morning when I fetched them from the bus terminal. Nevertheless they looked just like in photo, young and cute.
My boyfriend insisted we drive up to the temple but the rest of us wanted to walk the stairs. Yes I know, it was hot and stuffy in our Malaysia weather but we wanted to see the stuff selling at the stairway.
The things they sold here can be seen in supermarket, pasar malam or gift shops. So we did not bother to purchase any, just windowing.
This was one of the reason I took the stairs. To see the tortoises, so many of them that some stacking up on another.
We feed the tortoise spinach. The water was kind of dirty but the animals can survive in there. No wonder they live over hundred years.
As usual, everyone who came here will pose with the pagoda. We went up to the fourth floor of the pagoda and came down because the view was the same. :P
There were seven floors I think.
Behind the kuan yin statue, there were many more smaller kuan yin on the wall. So many it filled up the whole hall.
I found something huge that can emphasize myself as tiny.
Walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk so much...
Luckily the incline lift that we took was air-conditioned. It was so cooling in there.
We went up in the incline lift just because of the kuan yin statue. bronze one.. which cost a fortune. They were in progress of building a pavilion for the statue to protect it from the sun and rain I supposed. We saw Jin Wen and with his boy friend here. Penang is really small.
The old kuan yin statue was this white one which now left only the head. I heard they cut down the giant kuan yin which once stood tall at the hill because it terrified the other religion.
5 comments:
it's so good to be young..
" Rest a while on the steps, chit-chatting, making friends, discuss about life and dream about future"...wah.. wat a funny statement... u both still need to making friend ar :P
My first visit to this temple is when i was 13... time pass so fast.
Yes, making friends is like getting close with each other.. we can make friends sometimes too.. :)
i wanna make
Post a Comment