Saturday, June 23, 2007

Unsafe everywhere


Today when I went to a shopping mall toilet alone, I saw a security guard stood at the end of the pathway. My immediate action was to look if there is anyone near me. I saw another chinese man, sort of elderly father waiting for his kid for toilet break. It soothed me. I felt so unsecured to see the security guard. In my impression, security guards are rapist and policemen are a part of gangster. I saw one security guard twice when I go to toilet. That is going to kill me. The world is so unsecured. People are being harmed violently and the police isn't doing anything to stop it.


Yesterday I read the newspaper that extra police force is assigned to those places with high crime rate yesterday and today I saw a report saying that the crime rate for this week has dropped a lot. The report is really conflicting. Is it real that the crime rate has decreased? What police does is to block the road at the peak hour of the day causing traffic jam and summon road users for some small unnessecary offences. Police likes giving summon to those residents who are forced to park along the roadside because of limited parking lots in their apartment at a very weird hour of the day (8-11pm) and even 12 pm, very obvious that they just want to fullfill their summon quota of the month.


The starting point of the Penang Hill hike. I wasn't fit to reach even the first stop. I felt breathless because of the number of stairs to walk up...

1 comment:

Fang Fang said...

i do think those blocks are unnecessary especially during rush hours. and, i think you can practice your endurance when you climb BJ hill with me more...