Saturday, March 09, 2013

Sui kow aka prawn dumpling

I woke up this morning and thought of the dumpling I ate yesterday for lunch opposite BJ mall. The difference of that with other usual dumplings that I ate before is that it used black fungus as one of the ingredients as filling. So coincident I need to go the wet market today to stock of some meat, seafood and dried kitchen ingredients for those that going to use them during my upcoming business trip. I made myself collecting the items required for today's menu.
There is no exact measurement of each of them because I don't measure, as usual.

Filling:
Black fungus (soak, cut into small short strips)
Chinese mushroom ( diced)
Spring onion (chopped)
Minced pork
Medium size prawns (cut into 2 or 3)





Steps:
Marinate the above with soy sauce, salt, pepper, tapioca flour and sesame oil. Keep in fridge for about 1 hour.
Scoop about one tablespoon of filing on a skin.
Wet along the skin edge with water to make them stick when both sides are enclosed.
Fold in along the enclosed edge of the skin to secure the closing.
Boil water in pot and put your dumplings in . Drain after few seconds. This exercise is for the purpose of removing the excess flour on the skins during packaging to avoid them from sticking to each other.
Now you can put those dumplings onto the soup.
You can keep the remaining that are not cooked in freezer. Do not stack each dumpling together to avoid them from sticking to each other.
Enjoy!


2 comments:

Dodo said...

woah!! they're LARGE! :D

Yvonne said...

Yay you are coming wohoo!! :D