Sunday, March 03, 2013

kung pao chicken

I think I haven't been posting anything about food lately. I am cooking but nothing is interesting to talk about. However yesterday I tried to make kung pao chicken. The only difference is that I use chicken leg cut into smaller pieces rather than boneless chicken. So it took longer for them to cook. I have to cover the lid and let the chicken to simmer for a little longer and in this case more liquid is needed. The photo that I took using my cellphone somehow deleted  so I snap a photo from my hubby camera in order to post in this blog. 

I refer to recipe from here but I didn't follow the exact measurement. I merely just see what ingredients is needed and adjust accordingly. I use cashew nuts instead of peanuts as recommended in the page. Kung pao chicken is a very appetizing dish as it is very flavorful, consists of  sweetness (sugar in the sauce), spiciness (dried chilies), sourish ( black vinegar), crunchiness (cashew nuts), fragrant (spring onions). Just pair with white rice and you will never forget this special dish!  Oh and I had to stir fried peas with carrots or else my hubby will complain about no vegetables. He is a vege lover.

2 comments:

Dodo said...

I used the same recipe and my family loves it. Very easy too!

pik lay said...

Dodo, agree ;)