Social
Baby J can response to smile now. He return us a smile when he saw us smiling at him. However that only happen when he is in good mood. It was so fun to see his toothless grin. He also starts to "talk". I can talk to him about anything, just make everything exaggerate, your mouth and the voice. He will response back in his own voice and language. He also starts to put his fist into his mouth.Sleep
Baby J is still very fussy. We have to put him in hammock to make him fall asleep easier. He cannot be left alone and sleep by himself. I introduced him latex pacifier and he seems to be enjoying it and some how helps in soothing him. There are times when he was drowsy, I could read him story book in very soft and soothing voice, and he can doze away but it still depends on his mood
Feeding
I am relieved that he is finally asking for milk every 2.5 - 3 hours now, no more 1.5-2hours like previous. It gives me a little more time to myself, to rest and run some errands in between feeding. All thanks to bottle feeding which helps to make him drink more. He can drink from both bottle and direct breast feed now. He drinks up to 4 oz from bottle so he is trained to drink more which means he can last longer in between feeding. This also reduces his wake ups through the night from 3 to 2 times. I feel better though till exhausted. I hope he can reduce to only waking up once through the night for feeding when I am back to work by trying to adjust his sleeping time in day time.
Baby sitter
We took him to baby sitter house last weekend. We talked to Mrs Cyril about a few items which I think I want her to understand and know like feeding baby J with breast milk that I will supply to her every morning, warming up the milk, changing diapers, bathing and etc. We still need to buy a baby playpen for baby J to use at her home.
That's the update I have on his week 10 progress

4 comments:
Yay! :) Hello mummy and baby!
he's growing so well
he is 6.6kg, almost twice his birth weight at second month. look at that!
big boy ler!!! good to hear that bb j knows to use milk bottle d~~ man man lai, very soon, u can adjust his time to just wake up once at night!!! good job mummy and daddy :D
~ huei fen ~
Post a Comment