Post natal
I was searching for the time I can start swimming after childbirth. It is said in some articles or answers that people asked online that I need to wait 4-6 weeks before going back into the pool to avoid infection. I am desperate to lose weight. I gained 13kg throughout the whole pregnancy and now I am still 5kg above my pre-pregnancy weight. I have to lose the 5kg or more in order to be able to wear my skinny jeans and short pants again. Plus I do not want to show the extra flesh hanging at my belly when I am in my tight tops. I can't wait to go out show off my baby to everyone but it is impossible now. He is too difficult to handle out from the house.Rocking
Baby J is a good boy but required cuddling most of the time. It is lesser now but still a lot to my opinion. He still want us to rock him so he can fall asleep unless we put him down when he dozed off after feeding. We try to avoid putting him in hammock so that he does not rely fully on hammock for comport. I only let him rock in there during our meal time which is around 12-2pm and 6-7pm.
Poo
For the past 1 week, I experienced a lot poo incidents. Baby J has already almost overgrown S size diaper. Normally he likes to poo during feeding time which means when I was holding him close to me. So what happen is that his poo always being squeezed from the back of diaper up towards his back. Mostly it will stain my pants, or shirt or both and my thighs. Luckily his poo is not smelly unlike adults. I just treat it as custard :p and wash off. I am getting used to poo, pee and milk spit around the house. I guess it is the usual things that happen if you have a baby. I know it's time to clean up everything around me, myself and the baby when I felt warm liquid on my hand or legs during feeding. Luckily I have 2 rubber mats so I can use the other when this one stain. Nothing is worse than splashing poo during night feeding.
Alert
Baby J is more alert starting last week. He can focus on things and not just blindly swing his head around. That's why we can use the musical mobile already. In earlier times, he did not even stop to look at the musical mobile although it is rotating and have music and just continue crying. We can play pee-ka-boo with him, tickle him, and use certain motion to attract him. He smiles more than previous week although he has not really return us any smile directly. I am satisfy. I know every baby grows in different rates and cannot compare with each other. Baby J has his own milestone. He also can swing his hand trying to catch things that we offer to him.
Raise his head
We give him tummy time everyday during evening nap for around 1 hour. I think this helps him to practise lifting up his head. He can now lift his head and turn his head when he is on tummy although not for long. He struggles to raise himself using both legs and arms. I only let him try to push himself up for about 2 minutes the most. I know his neck muscle is not very strong yet. I think he is going to roll his body over soon though I don't know how soon. Let's see.
2 comments:
it's a nice feeling to hear about his growing process :D
by the way u r describing it... sounds like ur baby is doin good progress.. turning over will be in2 to 3 mths time..:)
Post a Comment