Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Salted fish fried rice

I always love salted fish, I mean everything with it. Salted fish gave this fragrance of saltiness that you can't get with anything else that similar to it, like dried cuttle fish. Fried rice is such an easy food to cook and it's very suitable for a small portion cooking. Mix a few ingredients into rice and just stir like mad! I purposely cooked extra rice and kept inside the fridge yesterday so I can fry rice today. The picture of my fried rice today looks not much different from other fried rice I made but the picture does not make justice to my lovely salted fish. It is not fair, because the hint of saltiness in every bite, and the tiny pieces of gem fills the air with excitement and joy. Remember no one (me) likes soggy fried rice, so make sure you don't add water/too much liquid when you are frying. Soggy rice is not chinese, it's italian (risotto) !

I used all my usual ingredients for fried rice and with the extra salted fish.

Salted fish fried rice (serve one)
1 small baby carrot, chopped into tiny cubes
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 chinese sausage (sliced into small pieces)
1 egg (beat)
1 small bowl overnight rice
1 small piece of salted fish. (I always see people use those long tail of tiny fishes. I don't. I hate those because they are hard and crunchy. I normally buy those in jar filled with salt mixture)


Steps
-----
Fry salted fish in 2-3 tablespoon in heated oil until both sides are cooked in wok
Saute garlic in the oil ( 6 seconds)
Add chinese sausage and carrot and stir (10 seconds)
Put the rice in and stir
Put 3-4 tablespoon soy sauce and stir (30 seconds)
Open up a small area in the middle of your work and heat a little oil
Pour the egg in and let it there for a few seconds
Stir everything for 40 seconds
Serve hot and smile big


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy! next time should ask you cook the salted fish fried rice when we organize the gathering:D

pik lay said...

Helo Adelene, I normally cook small portion food. If big portion, the taste will be different.So I am not sure if I can make the same salted fish rice taste exactly that excellent if to cook to feed a crowd. :)

Xweing said...

im sure u can!!
nx time tell me where to buy that jar of salted fish...

damn i am sooooooooo hungry now!!!

josze said...

wa in seconds..so detailed. and indeed looks yummeh!

Anonymous said...

wow, so delicious. You make me want to eat my laptop :)