Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chocolate chip muffin

Today is a perfect day because I saw my husband in the morning when I woke up from sleep and it's not the other way round. I know it's kind of confusing for me to say this but what explain my words is that normally I am the one who gets up earlier and he will catch up afterward so he's the one that laying on bed and sees me when he force opened his eyes. See? To celebrate the perfect day, I made chocolate chip muffins. I am not an avid baker. I am mostly the dinner maker but I love using the oven. I love my small and not "costly" oven because it is the maker of many yummy food. There are so much things I can do with oven. I use my oven like at least once a fortnight. I bake chicken wings, BBQ chickens, my many own recipes chicken, shrimps, salmon and they are for our usual dinner. But this is the first time I use my lovely oven to bake muffin and I love it although my oven has a little flaw. The "flaw" is that it's over heated easily where the skin is always cooked and become dark before the inner side/dough lose it's damp texture.

I had an early swim with my sister in the morning despite the rumour my another sister(yes, I have many sisters) sent me about the radiation that might travel from Japan nuclear leakage. I googled in the morning and read about the past history of Chernobyl case where the radiation travel for 500km but Malaysia is so much further than 500km I guess it's fine. After having cheddar cheese breakfast, went out to run some errands and back baking muffins. It's such a relaxing day. And yeah, later it's mini bacon pizza with it's friends time ;)

On yeah, before I forgot, I used the chocolate chip muffins recipe from here

The recipe is a bit too sweet , which I think can reduce the chocolate chips by half the portion. The reason is the chocolate chips already over sweeten the whole mixture, and I can't blame the chocolate chips because I bought the less sweet Hershey chips.. They are so not guilty!

No comments: