Saturday, March 19, 2011

Soy sauce pork belly stew

My sister stayed with us for the past few days. I actually wanted to cook this while she was here but we never get the chance, there are so many other food in list.

My ingredients are all by estimation.. Pardon me if they are not up to your expectation from the taste wise. But, Weeliem loved it. He said this is the most successfully try out. He has been saying this for so many times that I don't know if he really meant it.

1 stripe pork belly. Cut half so it's easier to sear in wok
2 star anise
1 cinnamon stick. I used powder
1 teaspoon five spice powder
3 rock sugar
5 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 bowl water
1 garlic, washed, unpeeled
5 chinese mushrooms, soften,halved
2 boiled eggs, peeled
pepper to taste


1. Sprinkle some salt and rub dark soy sauce on both side of pork belly.
2. Sear pork belly in work until lightly browned on both sides
3. Add oil in wok, put garlic, cinnamon, star anise and mushroom and saute.
4. Add the rest of ingredients in except eggs and bring to boil for 5 minutes
5. Add eggs in and simmer for another 50 minutes.
6. Serve hot with rice


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good good, you still cook alot so unlike me:(

pik lay said...

I try to cook as much as I can. I enjoy eating at home, it's simply cosy

Xweing said...

Yummy... I miss this so much!!