Sunday, March 06, 2011

Belacan fried rice

I was so tempted to try on making my own belacan fried rice therefore I purchased a whole piece of belacan (shrimp paste) yesterday during weekly groceries shopping. I feel lazy to pound belacan in my newly bought mortar in jusco and I didn't do most of steps I supposed to. Actually, my recipe is own-made, so if you are really looking for a good one, just google it, plenty of fine looking recipes out there.

Ingredients:
2 bowls of overnight rice - serves 2
1 crab stick -cubes
1/2 fish cake - tiny cubes
1 chinese sausage -slices
large shrimps -6? or more.. depending on your need
1/2 baby australian carrot -tiny cubes
1 egg
2cm x2cm belacan
1 tablespoon cili boh
black soy sauce
soy sauce
pepper


There is no need to use salt because belacan usually is very salty. Just use your common sense and mix the above stuff in a work. lol


2 comments:

leonardlcy said...

you can try buying the belacan powder. then no longer need to pound belacan :)

pik lay said...

:D true also.. but the powder is not as fragrant as the cube ones...