I gathered some vegetables I took from home last weekend and washed out the juice from tamarind and made this! He said this is the best food of year 2010 after the last stewed pork with salted fish. I think this is called a success.

Sup sayur ingredients
Small bak choy- small pieces
1/2 carrot - your fav shape
napa cabbage -small pieces
cauliflower - small pieces
1 tomato - wedged
button mushroom -sliced (This is my extra ingredients to add the kick to the soup)
fishball (This is my extra ingredients to add the kick to the soup ;))
2 cloves garlic -sliced
1 red onion - sliced
chicken boullion 1/2 cube
salt
grounded pepper corns
3 bowls water
Tamarind juice
Garnishing
fried onion
Saute red onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon of oil until fragrant
Throw in fish balls, button mushroom and all vege except small bak choy because we want to mantain the texture of the greenies. Crunchy greenies taste better
Add water, salt, chicken boullion and grounded pepper corns.
Wash out the juice from tamarind after you soak 2 tamarinds in water. Pour the juice in for the sourness.
Boil for 10-15 minutes until carrot soften
Throw in small bak choy, boil 2 minutes and serve hot.
5 comments:
Sounds really nice...
I wish I could cook this for my hubby when he fell sick. I miss cooking for my hubby. :-(
It tastes really good. I am still dreaming of it... A good source of fiber too.
By the way, those are my own ingredients for the soup. My masterpiece , not copied from somewhere
looks delicious. I can almost taste the sourness!
They dun have this in US. I miss this
Post a Comment