Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cooking recipe: Stir-fry black pepper pork

I made this dish two weeks back and it happened a night before when I suddenly thought of making something using the black pepper sauce I bought sometime ago. The result when I cooked the next day was the pork wasn't that rich in taste because I did not have time to marinate it at all. I simply chose some ingredients I had in my fridge and rack and threw things together. Yesterday I repeated what I did again BUT marinated the pork overnight and it turned out pretty awesome.

I did not managed to take any photo because weeliem and I savoured the pork slices gluttonly and by the time the idea to take a photo came into my mind, the plate was licked clean.

Though I want to share it here because I love it to bits. The recipe is pretty simple and is easy to make.

To marinate meat:
Ingredients:
300g pork tenderloin into thin slices
5 tablespoon black pepper sauce (I use singlung black pepper sauce)
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons starch

Method:
Mix well and put aside in the fridge overnight

To cook:
Ingredients:
1 spring onion. Sliced
ginger - size of a thumb. Sliced
4 cm carrot. Sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
marinated pork

Method:
Heat up oil in wok. Low heat.
Add in spring onion, ginger and carrot. Stir-fry until the ingredients for approx 1 minute.
Add pork and splash in drops of water so that the pork won't stick to wok. Medium heat.
Stir-fry for approx 3 minutes. Make sure pork is cooked. Stir to avoid browned bits of food
Add soy sauce, salt and pepper and let it cook a little while more .20 seconds. Stir occasionally.
Serve hot with rice

Note: serves 2.

Enjoy this simple recipe!

No comments: