Sunday, November 30, 2008

Craved for rendang chicken

The first rendang chicken I made was April last year and the second was about mid year 2007. It has been a year since my last attempt to make rendang chicken by myself. This is the third time. I craved for rendang chicken on Saturday when I was in the morning market trying to search for raw ingredients. Just that my brain told myself that I have a packet of shallots at home enough to make this dish. So I continued searching for the remaining ingredients I need.

Weeliem helped me in frying coconut grates and blending the shallots, lemon grass and ginger. I did the rest. The only time I did different this time is I put less coconut milk and the result is the colour was redder and hotter.


8 comments:

Fang Fang said...

hoooootttt!
did you ever try my sexy green curry recipe again??

pik lay said...

Green curry nope.. I will try in few months time.. cos my house fridge is very small.. hard to keep many ingredients. for green curry, there are some ingredients cannot finish using and have to keep in fridge. But your shit colour green curry is good. I made it taste like heaven too. haha

Fang Fang said...

the remainder you can use it for your rendang ma.. just dump everything you have :D
i wanted to cook more here and post up the recipes to share with you. wait till i get my camera! woot!

pik lay said...

not same la.. one is red, one is green, the only thing same is lemon grass and chicken

Chiu Pin Teo said...

the rendang looks delicious

pik lay said...

I think the previous one I cooked is more like mom's. Hers is superb..

Fang Fang said...

haha you can throw your lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, turmeric powder, ginger, coriander leaves etc etc

pik lay said...

why u everyday hoooottt, wooottt? Where you learnt that from?