Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Life and Decision

Every morning, I see a couple of age around forty-five having their morning walk together. By the time I see them, it is the end of their sweet moment in the park because both are sweating with pink cheeks in their matching t-shirt. The same TAO t-shirt or same colour t-shirt. Everyday. They are so loving, like lemon and tea always taste so good together.

I envy life like this, having the time to go for morning walk, jog in the afternoon after work, and enjoy the breeze in the park. I think I will own all these if I am my manager. Shut down my day dreaming and save it for the night later!

I used to love my job a lot. Kill me for saying this because I know some people hate their job since the first day. I even thrilled to know I can save the free coffee 3-in-1 packet and give it to my mom to feed her addiction everyday just because I will never use it. Coffee is too strong for me. Coke is the substitution so I never regret for not liking coffee .But there is no free Coke in my early days joining this war place. Now we get free cola and coffee in the cafetaria, fair enough. But I think I love it lesser nowadays and I am not allowed to pack a bottle of coffee for my mom just like that. It is considered as stealing the company's asset from today's presentation in business update meeting. I am not sure what will I feel in the next few years. Not liking coke anymore and shift to coffee? Life is hard to predict. Who knows if my future kids are to use the number 04 in their identification card number?

The hardest part of one's life is to make decision. Example the big step for someone in my age is to decide where to settle down, whether to buy a property, whether to lower my requirement to not owning a land of all by myself or to share it with tens or hundreds of people, and to be married and committed to a life-long relationship. Whatever the decision is, it sounds yummy. To no one surprise, things normally would not roll so smooth and forseeing hitches on the way.

The fuel price revising two times a month will not help. Price of everything rose like hulk in incredible hulk, strong and unbeatable. Even if the goverment decided to drop 20 cents in the price of fuel, the flour at the price RM2.80 per kilogramme will not drop 20 cents. The price of fragrant Thai rice doubled up in 3 months of the time I was in The States. Recession is happening but the price of property still shooting up. It is different from ten years ago because there is no one jumping off the building yet. So we know the case is not that severe compared to those times, the absolute case of recession. I am not going to sum up my write-up because I can't summarize what I want to do right now.

2 comments:

Fang Fang said...

growing up is certainly not easy but that's how you slowly transform to a more matured person who can take in more responsibilities in life.
whatever that will happen in the future, i will just hold his hand tightly and through thicks and thins we will walk together, and i believe our dreams will gonna happen one day...
only when you dream that dreams can become possible dear.

Coketai said...

Life is like making a lot of decison and the worse thing is every decision you make in life will impact you for long long time unlike those business decision you make in your work. However this is LIFE so to said...everybody need to take the same path whether you like it or not!!

From my experience...the worse thing about making decision is not about making wrong or right decision...it is about not making any decision at all!!!

I believe you see many many people around that do not like making decision...some of them even sit at the top!! so don't afraid of making decison when you need to make one....just make it and see how it go!!

LY.Tai