Monday, September 17, 2007

Chicken Recipe

I found 2 interesting ways to kill a chicken. First is by marinate it and second is by kaffired it. I experiment one for each week, for 2 weeks now.

The first idea came out when I have 2 chicken legs and don't know what to do with it. So happened I have the kaffir lime leaves left in the refrigerator and I have a bottle of tomato sauce. So what I did was to mix and match the ingredients.

Chicken meats cut into smalles pieces
6-8 leaves of kaffir lime leaves, crushed, or you can simply crumble them using your with your palm+ fingers. :p
1 medium onion, cut into slices (I used the biggest shallots I had because that were what left in my kitchen)
Tomato sauce
Quarter cup of water
2 tablespoon of sugar
pinch of salt and a sprinkle of pepper

What you need to do it to heat up like 3 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Wait for 6 seconds. Put in the onion, chicken and kaffir lime leaves. Stir, fry do what ever you think you should until you feel the meat is 80 percent cooked on medium fire. Pour in water, and add tomato sauce (shake it 4 -5 times should be enough -- haha, what a detail) . Do not forget the sugar because this dish is meant to be sweet and fragranted with the kaffir lime leaves. Sprinkle some pepper and add in a pinch of salt to your preference. When the chicken is cooked with almost dried sauce, serve immediately, with rice is the best. Serves 2.

Second one is when I feel I can do something with marinating the juiciest chicken on earth.
2 whole chicken legs cut into smaller pieces
ginger in the size of 4 girls' thumb, grated
7 slices of garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon of salt, pepper
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Easy, put everything above into a sealed plastic bag. Left in refrigerator for a night. The next day, fry 1 chopped shallot in 4 tablespoon of oil. Put your marinated chicken with the crumbs of ingredients in the oil. Fry, stir occasionally. After about 20-25 minutes, the chicken should well cooked. Serves 2.

No picture. Never bother to take one, because my hands were dirty and oily the time I cooked.

1 comment:

Xweing said...

WOW... I'll try that out. Cook until dunno wat to cook liao.