Saturday, October 14, 2006

death

Some one dear of my friend had passed away and the term death click my brain. Therefore, I searched what death means in wikipedia and I got this:

Death is the end of life, the full cessation of vital functions in a biological organism. It is generally considered a permanent state in the field of biology, and all living things are believed to eventually die, whether through natural causes such as disease, or unnatural ones such as accident.

After reading through the small tiny details on how dying process would be and what is it that caused death, I can conclude that death is declared when the electric activity in the brain is ceased. Doctor called it a biological death or brain death.

I always feel terrified to go to funeral because I associate death with ghost or terrible thing. But then the time my grandma passed away, I feel differently. I walked to the coffin and looked at her. I saw her face, I can recognise her kind face but with paler colour. At that time, I feel the warmth in the family rather than scared. I last saw her on Chinese New Year year 2003 if I recalled correctly. She left us on just a few days after chap goh meh. Yeah, she survived till the end of the new year. I feel proud of her because she did not show us any bad sign during our visit. She is a very independent lady and she is the one who brought up all the children, eight of them.

1 comment: