Monday, November 26, 2012

Baby J eats zuchinni and anchovies mee sua with baked salmon in virgin coconut oil


Since it's weekend and I plan not to cook for our adult's lunch, I think I will spend extra time to prepare baby J's food. On Saturday I made him this, mee sua. I simmer some washed anchovies in 2 bowls of water to make the stock. I cooked the mee sua in another pot of boiling water, then discard the water and put them into the anchovies stock after I sieved off any remaining anchovies. This is to ensure the mee sua is clean from any salt or dirt that stick to them during production. Take a pair of clean scissors and cut the mee sua into shorter length. At the same time I put a cube of salmon in aluminium foil, drop some VCO on the salmon to avoid it dries up in the oven. Heat the oven and baked for about 15 minutes at 200 celcius. Then took it out from oven and shred into smaller piece and mix into the mee sua :)

I admit it's little hard to feed baby J with this because it's so soupy. He opened his mouth just a little just to sip the soup and I had to made a lot effort to shove the noodle into his mouth. I think we didn't do this much as I used to feed him porridge and water with spoon during meal so he thinks this is the "water" and he just need to sip. We need more practice

No comments: