Monday, June 18, 2012

Baby J eats stewed apple

I haven't been writing much about anything else except baby J's development. I am still cooking but I am not cooking anything new. I have been making the same old food again and again like salmon spaghetti and herbal soup on weekend especially for father's day. Although we went for seafood dinner, and Nando's lunch, I still want to make something special for the new daddy.  Last week, I cooked the usual daily food except for one of the day which I made lion head meatball because the new daddy has been asking about it.

The company gave 2 apples on one of the day last week. I saved them up and make stewed apple for baby J. It's easy to make and healthier. I did not opt for the ready made puree for baby because I can make it myself, so why not? Baby J slept a little earlier today at 9pm so I quickly rushed and finished up some house chores then prepared the stewed apple.

How? I cut, core and cube the 2 apples. Spread them in a pot and add a little water just enough to cover the  base. Cook it for few minutes or until soft. Transfer over to blender or food processor then blend them into soft, smooth texture. Keep in clean sterilized containers and write down the date before freezing up. Whenever I want to use, I will just thaw and warm up the apple in hot water. This is the second batch I made for baby J. We have 4 apples :)





No comments: