Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011 !

I spent Christmas at home sick. I am already sick for a week and my cough doesn't seem to get any better yet. I cough until my lungs almost drop and baby keep juggling inside. My legs are also pain from standing. So I need to do everything very quickly.

So I got help from santarina aka hubby to prepare today's dinner. I cooked yee mee for lunch today so for dinner I want to opt for western style of meal.

I have salmon from Jusco yesterday but I do not have lemon (again). So what I did is to make use of orange I have in the fridge. I googled and found orange-honey glazed salmon recipe. Perfect. I did not use the recipe totally but kind of use it as inspiration.


Baked orange-honey glazed salmon
Ingredients
1 piece of salmon about 250g
parsley flakes
salt
pepper
1/2 orange -make zest
1/2 orange -make juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 slice of orange

1. Assemble all the ingredients together and place the slice of orange on top of salmon. Everything goes on a piece of aluminium foil
2. Prepare oven at 220 celcius and bake over 20 minutes
3. Heat up oven for 3 minutes before placing the tray of salmon into oven


Garlic butter rice
1. Heat up 30 g butter in pan, add in 4 cloves of chopped garlic and 1/3 of chicken bouillon cube
2. Add rice and water
3. Let cook for about 2 minutes
4. Transfer everything into rice cooker and cook as your rice cooker instruction

We used bean sprout and carrot for the sides. Cook as you like ;) We stir-fried bean sprout in garlic and salt and blanched carrot and sprinkled some basil on top of them later on.




Merry Christmas !!! Hope you having a great dinner now ;) We just completed ours.

1 comment:

Seow Like Meow said...

Merry Christmas to you too!! Get well soon and have a great year ahead.