I only used a few ingredients for the yong tau foo because if I use more ingredients, the whole bunch of the stuff will be really a lot. I chose 8 lady's finger, 1 medium egg plant, 100g tauhu pok and a few pieces tau kee. The stuffing is made of fish meat where I mixed with minced pork because fish is really very expensive. I mixed them well with salt, starch, soy sauce and pepper.
After washing and cutting the yong tau foo ingredients, I began stuffing them then fried them in hot oil. It took me so long to fry because I did them a few pieces a time to avoid the stuffing from coming out.
Then, the fried ingredients will be used for cooking. The sauce is made of water, tau chiu, salt, pepper and oyster sauce. I thicken the sauce using starch mixture. It took me around 3 hours for the preparation and cooking process but I like the end product. Satisfying lunch!
Tired, but still sitting here typing after cooking dinner for hubby and have to rush to get ready for wedding dinner tonight. Chao!
1 comment:
I love yong tau foo! :D
Post a Comment