Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Japin" pork belly

If you follow my blog, you should know that I am a big fan of pork, especially pork belly. I bought thin pork belly slices from Jusco last weekend and temped to make my imagination pork belly dish. Weeliem and I both loves the pork belly menu from Japin. I can't remember whether it's called BBQ pork or another name in the menu but it's about RM17-rm19 per set. I was so happy last night because I made the almost similar dish! I even harvested spring onion from my own garden (read: a pot with soil and spring onion plant) for garnishing.

I don't remember how much pork belly I purchased in term of the weight , but the price is about RM7 for around 10 slices of thin pork belly.

Marinate the pork night before with:
1 tbs of sesame oil
1 tbs of soy sauce
2 tbs ginger juice (I squeezed from old ginger after I crushed the ginger with mortal and pestler)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cloves garlic, minced

To cook:
Add a little oil in wok
Add the pork belly with the leftover marinate juice and stir-fry for about 4 minutes
Add 1 tbs oyster sauce and 1 tbs soy sauce, stir for another 2 minutes
The pork belly is very thin, you do not need long time to cook it.
Serve hot with white rice and garnish with spring onions !




Confession: I am still thinking about the dish until now :) I want to eat again!

2 comments:

leonardlcy said...

this looks nice. I'm gonna try it

pik lay said...

You should! and let me know how it turns out to be :)