Sunday, April 10, 2011

Salted fish

I have tons of photos to sort out before start writting on my Taiwan vacation. In one of the previous entry, someone asked me about the salted fish I use. So here it is:

I normally buy this from the morning wet market. It has to be kept in freezer and whenever you need to use, just slice a piece. The fragrance, hmmph, I can't tell you.


If I finished my supply above and if I happen to not go to market that weekend, I will get this from supermarket. It's almost equivalent in smell and taste. This jar doesn't need to be kept in freezer but it must be chilled all the times. I think it is mackerel fish pieces inside a jar filled with salted fluid. I am not very sure of the fluid content, but I am pretty sure it has oil in it. This jar actually has a label but I tore it off when I opened the lid the first time. The plastic label is also wrapping the whole jar, so that's why.

No comments: