Thursday, January 06, 2011

Steamed yam cake

This is the steamed yam cake I made last night. We could not finish everything so I took some to office this morning. Suet Yin said I can add some fried dried shrimp on top, it will be more fragrant. I know that but I did not want to fry something at 11pm at night. I prepared, cut and cooked the ingredients and steamed it for 1 hour. Final product emerged at 12.30am. So I omitted the fied dried shrimp (xia mi) so save some hassle and avoid greasy night. Anyway the people that tasted the cake gave good feedback and I was quite a happy girl.

I used recipe from my sister

2 comments:

Chiu Pin Teo said...

I want to eat yam cake and 'ngo ee'

pik lay said...

I want to eat "zhi hun gen" ... I am crazing for it for quite some time already.. Why that only Klang has!?? Now to think of it, Klang really has a lot special food.. or our home used to have... "oooh ee", "zhi hun gen", super yummy huge piece of juicy bah kut teh, yummy "loh mee" (with black vinegar version), our home tau jiu yong tau foo!!!