I'd done many things but there is one particular task that I have not done before. I made my own kaya spread last weekend. It is not any new thing in my family because my mom used to make our own kaya spread since I was a kid but it was my first try. I followed my mom's random instruction and ingredients like 2 bowls of sugar with 3 eggs and coconut milk with portion less than one coconut. So end up I had to pour everything into pot and reheat and adding in much more coconut milk because the spread still grainy of sugar texture after it was cooled down. I know the concept of try and error so I didn't whine. It turned out pretty okay and I absolutely love this morning breakfast.
this thankful week
8 months ago
4 comments:
I'm your follower..
Can you post the kaya recipes??I wish to learn
Like I said, the ingredients and recipe are very random. To make 2-3 small containers of kaya spread (container size like in my pic):
3 eggs
Rm1 coconut milk
2 bowls of sugar (Use the normal chinese bowl for rice)
Steps:
1) Scoop 3 teaspoon of sugar from your ingredients and leave aside
2) Whisk eggs, remaining sugar and "almost all" coconut milk leaving like 1/4 in a small pot, making sure all ingredients blended well and sugar disolved.
3) Put the pot on stove and heat up using low fire. Stir all the times, I mean every second, or else sugar will stick to the base of your pot. When it started to boil/simmer, take the mixture off stove and continue stirring. Do this on and off.
4) When you see mixture is smooth and silky, you can take another pot and heat up the 3 spoonfull of sugar you had set aside earlier. Stir and let the sugar turn golden brown
5) Pour the golden brown sugar disolve into the first mixture and stir on low fire again.
6) Done. Let the mixture cool down and examine if you still have any grainy texture. You can add more coconut milk and stir again on low fire until you get everything silky and smooth. You can skip this once you are an expert, I am not so yet.
Oh ya. I forgot to say.. tie about 3 pandan leaves together and throw them into the mixture when you stirred
Thanks a lot!!
I'm going to try them..
Post a Comment