Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I recover from Cullen's fever, normal now

Time flies, realizing I have not write anything regarding my birthday yet. I had just came back from watching twilight new moon. Ed Cullen looks like a corpse when he was topless. He had the worst freezing cold body comparing to muscular 108 degree Jake Black. His acting skill was awfully in shame that he is lucky he was filmed in good looking way by the movie director or else no millions of girls will be melting over the romanticness in the scenes. I sincerely prefer Twilight to New Moon. Anyway the movie is still great if it doesn't hang at the ending like this one. I would not grade it as bad movie because I love the story. I finished reading all four books, so I already knew what will happen in the next two movies. Not sure why, there were a lot mosquitoes in the cinema today. I had a few mosquitoe bites on my elbow, thigh and back. I was scratching a lot which caused discomfort, GSC should look into this problem.

Anyway back to my birthday celebration, I had a simple one with weeliem and it was the best among past years because at last I got a necklace that I had longed for years. I don't mind what necklace it is as long as it is a necklace, so it is a good gift. I received presents from sweetie herhau and xwei too , a birthday lunch with the usual lunch gang and many birthday wishes. I don't remember what was my birthday wish already at this moment, anyway there is no point of remembering because my wish never came true before.

I made a carrot cake on weeliem's birthday also to accomplish my dream of making one when I have my own oven. I made it although it was not a perfect one, with too moistured texture. Next time, I will surely remember to heat up the oven first before putting in the batter for bake and lesser cinnamon ground. I don't fancy strong cinnamon taste, so I have to reduce the mix on my next try. Practise makes perfect. I took the cake to office and force my pity friends and colleagues to try. I hope it doesn't taste too bad. I would like to make use of the stand mixer weeliem got me, cookies maybe?

6 comments:

Fang Fang said...

omg, happy extremely belated birthday!!

your wishes will come true if:

1) you make practical wishes
and
2) have faith, and your wishes will be granted maybe even without you notice it

Xweing said...

if it makes u feel any better, i tot ur cake was nicer than the 32nm cake..! :D

pik lay said...

Aunty, I am glad you still active in internet. I have not seen you for ages in my blog. My wish , not wishes is very practical.


Thank you Xiao wei! You made my day. Haha. Anyway the cinnamon too strong for me.

junny said...

actaully I want to try the carot cake but I was too full when the email was sent. Snd later somehow I had been forgotten. T.T I miss the chance.

pik lay said...

Junny, next time if I ever make any cake, u have to try! I want your opinion. :D

Unknown said...

happy belated birthday :P