Throughout the 14 days in Oregon, I managed to steal one day to visit Seattle. When I mentioned to my sister that I am going to Seattle, the first thing pop into her mind is Grey's Anatomy series. All photos are from Chun (Ai Chee's husband)'s camera because he took better photos than me :P
Ai Chee prepared all the itenery till the very most detail.

First we stopped at this engineering place called Hiram M. Chittenden Locks. The reason why they have this complex locks are to prevent the mixing of sea water from Puget Sound with fresh water from lakes, to move boats from different water level between the sea and lakes and also to mantain the water level from the lakes at 20-22 feet above sea level. I looked for all these from wikipedia...

Photo with Ai chee, boat and the blue sky.

Next our destination was to Pike Place Market and there was this pig sculpture everywhere in the city. Just follow the pigs, and you will arrive at the Pike Place market which is the only public market I ever been to in US.

There are many flowers stalls there and I tell you all the bouquets were really beautiful unlike the fancy wrapping we have here in Malaysia. Theirs are the simple brown paper wrapping up fresh and beautiful flowers.

There were peonies too :D I love.

The vegetable handycraft thingy

Fishmongers... This particular stall was a famous one because they throw big fish from outside the stall to the person in the stall. Everyone stood there, cheered and watched because it was an interesting sight.

The first Starbucks in the world, in Seattle

We bought these yummy pastries from a shop just opposite Pike Place market and a few shops next to the First Starbucks. Piroshky, Piroshky. There was this long line outside the shop just to buy their famous pastries. We had the smoked salmon, cheesie thingy and another one I can't remember.

Then we walked to Space Needle tower and took some pretty photos..

The Seattle Olympic Sculpture Park which has all these fancy and weird sculptures which I don't see the beauty in them.



Photos taken from the waterfront overlooking the city at the back. Great photos. Lucky that it didn't rain because in the forecast, it was said to be raining on this day.
2 comments:
Wow... the last two photos look really like those "fake pictures"!!
Like cut-and-paste yourself onto it...
Too beautiful until look unreal...
akakkaka. I love the photos very much too. The good thing in US is if the weather is good, all photos will be extremely gorgeous, due to the sky colour, building, scenery etc..
Post a Comment