When I first arrived in Hong Kong international airport I found it nothing spectacular. It was like any other usual airport like KLIA or Singapore airport. We purchased the Octopus card, airport express package which cost $220. We picked it because it suits us to the maximum. It has one way airport transfer which we only needed one and three days unlimited travel on the said, tourist routes.
We stayed in Mong Kok. When I first stepped out of the MTR station, I stood at the middle of a hustle and bustle city. Everything was so HongKong-nish. There were people and cars
everywhere. It looked almost like Jacky Chan's movie scene at the spot where they had the bamboo sticks stacking up at high flat buildings.
We pulled our luggages along the busy roads trying to search for our hostel and at last found it. It was a humble place. Clean, neat, and cosy enough to fit three people in a room, and no more space for storing our packages. The bathroom was so small that I knocked my elbows on both side of walls when I lifted up my hands when changing. Afterall we won't be staying all day in our room, so the rooms were just nice and cheap enough to survive us 3 days in this expensive city.
Hong Kong was a weird place because when I looked up the buildings, there were so old and not mantained.
We were all so hungry that we stumbled into this dessert shop that can be seen everywhere for their mango dessert. They looked tempting, refreshing and cooling for the six tired souls in this air-polluted city.

We stayed in Mong Kok where ladies' street, temple street, fa yuen street are just a block away. Not wasting the chance, we crawled downstairs to shop along these streets for pretty dresses, funky clothing, bags, accesorries and many more.


Downstairs at the corner shop of our hostel, there was a fishball stall.. I ate fishballs and smelly tofu there, which my friends all regarded as drain-smell tofu. I felt it taste like in heaven. Muaks.
No comments:
Post a Comment