It took my precious 3 hours for the preparation and serving, consuming LUNCH.
I rang my mom twice last week and the week before to get a brief explanation on how to make this light dish. I am not sure how to call it, but it is kind of like steamed dumpling with vegetables inside.
I made dough from glutinous rice flour with a pinch of sugar and hot boiling water. Duh.. The dough was so hard that I need to use my super strength to make the whole thing into a whole one piece. I mounded the flour in my metal bowl and poked a well at the center. Then poured the hot water in and start blending. As what my mom said, roll into balls at the size of ping pong ball. I forgot how a ping pong ball should look like, so I made some smaller ones than the actual size.I was supposed to flatten the ping pong ball size dough using the rolling pin. But I do not have one, so I optimized my super strenght again for this, using my right palm and WeeLiem's hand. :P Make sure the outer portion of the piece is thinner than the center.
I filled them with vegetables; carrot and sweet turnip (sengkuang in malay) fried together with big onions and dried shrimp. Remember salt and pepper for the vege.
Place the dumpling on banana leave cut into square if you have. I just placed them onto plate, and they sticked. These pieces of dumplings were steamed for about 15 minutes. Separate all pieces from each other becuase the flour can expand or grow. Not sure what is the correct word though.
Finally, put the pieces into your mouth or dip in chillie sauce before you monster eat them. Yummy. Felt just like home.
2 comments:
are you supposed to use boiling water? is that the reason why the dough became so hard?
hot and after boiled. it memang hard, not like tepung gandum... More to like the texture of the dough you use to make glutinous rice ball.
Post a Comment