Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Restroom's tale

Many chances when I need to have a leak in office, I'll stumbled across wet patches on toilet seat in the restroom. What I have to do is to pull out a lengthy toilet paper and roll it a few times to thicken the paper in layers. It is not other than the most important step to avoid wetting my bare hands with the yellowish liquid or whatever liquid on the seat. Then, wipe them it off clean and dry. I know it sounds gross and I feel extremely gross doing that. I hate it but I have no choice. I don't want to go out and wait some more for the next available cubicle because at generous times it will still be the same. It happen so often that I think I am cleaning the toilet seat in work place almost everyday. I see posters hanging at the back of the each restroom cubicle's door educating and reminding the uncivilized parts of human to sit properly when peeing and never half-sit too because the aim is never correct. Also, never squat on the toilet seat. I know some people love to stand on the seat and squat there because sometimes I see shoes marks on it. There is always available toilet seat paper cover in restroom and these people never seem to like using it. So what? Just pull one out, direction up and pull it down to release it from the box. Tear out the center part of the paper, layer it on top of the toilet seat and sit on it. As easy as ABC. Some engineers are very uncivilized, considering they are the smarter population in human, this should not ever happen at all. I feel disgusted over their daily practise. The more I think of it, I feel like throwing out.

But restroom is the best place to gather news from various people. Sometimes, I can hear very interesting piece of information about something because people love discussing in the restroom despite the fact that everyone else in the cubicles can listen to their conversation. There is one specific person who if is reading this post will surely fire his M16 machine gun as usual and occupy me with his stinky remarks.

Lucky enough that our restroom cubicle's walls are closely build without any gap. The photo below was taken in US restroom from inside the small cubicle. I can see people viewing their image from the mirror even from there. So you can imagine what people can see from outside. hahaha. It doesn't matter to me since I am not interested at all looking at people doing their business. It absolutely strucked me at first when I first experienced the openness of western culture but luckily I got used to it after the first week.

2 comments:

Chiu Pin Teo said...

i thought you're going to post some pictures of our new niece, but you didn't...sob sob...

btw, sometimes i really wonder why some people (in Malaysia) don't know how to use the toilet properly. They make everything so dirty, WHY WHY WHY?!!! Luckily the toilets in Melbourne are clean, otherwise i don't know how to stop my habit of constipating...

pik lay said...

Yes, photos coming right away!