Tuesday, October 23, 2007

TIPS: Call your own distribution list for the first time?

Hate it when I faced this problem twice. Once when I first use Microsoft Outlook and second after I rebuilt my laptop. Even though you have created a new distribution list, added in all the names you wanted to included in the list, you still can't call it in the TO, CC, or BCC list. Frust.

Therefore after my second time world class frust, I am documenting this down.

First of all check if you are able to call a distribution list by checking your "Contact" properties.
At the navigation panel (Mail/Calendar/Contacts/Tasks), click on the Contacts. Under My Contacts, right-click on the card with a face on it and go to Properties. Click on "Outlook Address Book" bar to check you adress book availability. If you can't even click on the box to show this folder as an e-mail address book, please go to next step. If you can, Voila! You just need to select the correct Address book name and start using your distribution list in a new email.


IF NO: At Tools, choose Email Accounts. Click to "Add a new directory or address book". After Next, click Add. Click on additional address book and Next.


Then, restart your goddamn Outlook. Now use call the distribution list as many times as you want.

No comments: