I am trying to stew pork using western herbs and not the usual chinese stew ingredients. So here we go, I named it cilantro stew pork with potato.
It was a day which I took off to vaccinate my baby. After sending her to nanny place I returned home and did the usual house chores. Since I have longer time to cook dinner, I prepared this stew.
For the pork, I spent a little more time to brown it in oil before stewing. The result is rosemary fragrant stew which the meat is also tender because of the long slow cooking. I can settle other chores also while it cooked.
Ingredients:
300g soft bone pork , cut into 1x1 cube
2 potatoes, cubed
1 tomato, wedged
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium red onion, wedges
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
5 stalks fresh cilantro , break them into shorter parts
salt and black pepper
Flour
Cooking oil
1 cup water
1. First, dip the pork in flour and salt and brown in a little oil then set aside
2. Heat up 2 tablespoon oil in a stewing pot and saute garlic.
3. Brown potatoes and add in tomato and pork.
4. Add in the cilantro, dried rosemary, black pepper.
5. Add 1 cup of water and let the mixture slowly cook for about 2 hours.
6. Add salt to taste before serving hot with rice

No comments:
Post a Comment